While on a mission trip, the highlight of every evening for me was when each work group had tell how they God that day. I've never forgotten that. When you have those days where nothing seems to go right, or you're so busy that you can't find two seconds for yourself, those are the days you have to stop and think, "How did I see God today?"
Today it's cloudy, rainy, and cold. I'm overwhelmed with all the work I have to get done, and I'm missing my friends terribly. I'm thinking about all the problems each of us is facing and how can we find good outcomes for them. In my heart I want to find solutions. I want to solve everything and make everyone happy. Logically I know this isn't possible. What I do know for sure is that God has the answers and when he's ready each of us will have the answers we seek. In the meantime we will keep up the good fight. We may struggle but we are never alone.
So how did you see God today? Today I saw God in the dark clouds floating above. Why, you ask? Because I believe that God has days when tears fall too. He sees how sad many of us are. He sees how many of us are struggling. We're struggling with our faith and our earthly lives. This makes God sad. His plan was for us to have this wonderful life for eternity but it hasn't turned out that way. So today God had what I call a 'pity party day.' They don't last long, but long enough for us to get our perspective back. Long enough for us, not God, to feel sorry for ourselves. But tomorrow is a new day, a new start. The sun will come back and so will our hope.
Don't give up when times get hard or the struggle inside just seems like more than you can bare. Today is a good day for discerning. For letting those tears fall along with God's. Give yourself the opportunity to just let those feelings out. Cry, scream, shout, whatever it takes. But whatever you do, remember that tomorrow is waiting for you. And that there is redemption through transformation.
How did you see God today?
I have to say yesterday I could see God when I seen the sun shine through the tree's... He is there is so many ways and we seem to forget to look an aweful lot...
ReplyDelete