Well, this weekend started good. But yesterday started the downfall. First was picking up someone at the bus station and the bus ended up being 1 1/2 hours late. So had to drop this friend off at another friend's house so I could get to work. Then at work I was supposed to make around $100 in tips, turned out to be more $10. That stunk but I had a good time any way. Then I get back to pick up first friend from second friends house and my jeep totally went kaput. Turns out one the half shafts was shot and then find out the differential is shot too. Not cool when you have a million and one things to get done and places to go this week and the people who are supposed to pay you say they have no money to do it.
Now I suppose I could be totally depressed over all this. Yes, it is driving me crazy trying to figure out how to work things out and I'm really tired of wearing the same clothes since I'm not home and I'm over an hour away and I'm worried about my dog who is at home alone and has surely run out of water by now. Hopefully I can get home some time tomorrow.
I talked the other day about Satan always trying to interfere in our lives and he is certainly interfering in mine right now. But the great thing is, is that I have the most wonderful friends in the world. They are my family. I love them so much. None of us has much, but we're always willing to help each other out no matter what. Somehow we always find a way to make things work. I believe it's a God thing. So I say 'bring it on Satan! I'm ready."
And after reading an article tonight about two young girls who were hit by an SUV with a driver who was drowsy. The girls were/are 13 and 14 respectively and it was the 13 year old who was killed. The woman who hit them is 34. How could I be depressed about my situation when these families are suffering so? A young life taken so soon and the trauma that the woman who it them must going through. I can't even imagine how the family of the girl feels or the woman who hit them. God bless all their souls and may peace to come to them soon.
So that old saying of 'somebody else always has it worse than you do', while true, drives most of crazy. But I know too well that there is much suffering in our world. We always seem to get wrapped up in the crazieness of our own lives that we forget about others. Jesus tells to love our neighbor as our selves. This doesn't just mean the people next door. Our neighbors are everyone of our brothers and sisters in Christ across the world. How awesome would it be it the whole world would love like that? Fantasy, seems like it. Probable, probably not. Gods way? Yes. I can only do my part to minister to those with whom I come in contact with, but in my heart I can love everyone.
So if you're feeling bad today or feeling like the world is against you, or as my friend would say, ready to throw in the towel, don't. Tomorrow is a new day, a new beginning, and a chance for us all to make things right. Jesus is walking beside you through thick and thin and he's not going to give up on you so don't give up on yourself or him.
Great post and I so can understand how you are feeling... Thanks for sharing, I know with the stuff I have going on it's nice to see that I'm not the only one... But then I feel bad when it is someone that gives of herself so much...
ReplyDelete